Double Chocolate anything is a treat. But make it into a cookie and it’s like double prizes. Make these cookies especially amazing by using the best chocolate you can find.
This recipe was offered courtesy of our very good friend and amazing pastry Chef Debbie Epstein of Debbie Does Dough right here in Napa California. We hope that you and your friends enjoy it.
How to add cannabutter to this recipe and make it an edible:
To make this recipe into an edible, we've added cannabutter to it and this is how you determine the right amount of cannabutter to use.
As part of a cannabis-infused meal
If this dish is part of a three-course edibles meal - as in appetizer, entree, and dessert, then each of those 3 courses should have 1/3 of a per-person quantity of cannabutter - per serving. So each of your guests would have received a full dose of cannabutter by the end of the meal.
Add a 1/3 of a per-person quantity of cannabutter to the recipe for every serving the recipe yields.
As a single serving edible
If this will be the only offering of the day infused with cannabis, then add one full per-person quantity of cannabutter to the recipe for every serving the recipe yields.
If the cannabutter you added was less than what the recipe called for, then add the remaining butter you need using regular butter.
Salted or unsalted cannabutter
Something to always pay attention to in a recipe is if it calls for regular or unsalted butter. It will make a big difference if a recipe calls for unsalted butter plus salt - and instead you use regular salted butter and and add salt. You may have just doubled the salt the recipe calls for and the amazing taste from your results is gone. Salt, like all the other ingredients in your recipe, is a very careful blend of flavors and notes.
Unless you're eating a potato chip, salt plays a supporting role in a recipe. If all you have is salted butter, then you should be able to eliminate the salt that recipe calls for - sample your work as you cook to decide.
How to determine a per-person dose of cannabutter
For instructions on how to arrive at a single per-person quantity of cannabutter, please refer to the instructions here.
Arriving at what makes for a good per-person amount of cannabutter is a bit of a process, so don't wait until the last minute to work through this step.
For more information
You can find further reading here about making infused foods. Please refer to the following posts.
- Better understand the nature of cannabis.
- Know what a buzz feels like.
- Learn how to confidently buy legal cannabis.
- Learn to make a great cannabutter.
- This is the best way to infuse your foods with cannabutter and cannaoils.
- Understand how to infuse your food.
- learn how to test your cannabutter for potency - and why that is so critical.
- know how to have cannabis-infused foods at home even if you don't cook
Preheat Oven to 350
1. Melt 1½ cups chocolate chips over double boiler – LOW heat.
2. When melted, remove from heat and let cool 5 minutes.
3. Mix butter, sugar, brown sugar and eggs until smooth.
4. Sift together flour, baking soda and salt
5. Mix melted chocolate into butter, sugar, egg mixture.
6. Add vanilla extract.
7. Add flour mixture.
8. Mix in remaining 1½ cups chocolate chips.
9. Scoop cookie dough onto parchment lined cookie sheets.
Bake for 9 minutes (slightly longer if you prefer crispy texture).
Let cool on pan for 5 minutes before removing to wire rack to cool completely.
Repeat with remaining dough, or reserve dough, frozen, for baking remaining batches later.