This tasty little bite-size chocolate bunny buzz is sure to help make your afternoon a delight.
This recipe was offered courtesy of JeffThe420Chef and we hope you and your friends enjoy it.
How to add cannabutter to this recipe and make it an edible:
To make this recipe into an edible, we’ve added cannabutter to it and this is how you determine the right amount of cannabutter to use.
As part of a cannabis-infused meal
If this dish is part of a three-course edibles meal – as in appetizer, entree, and dessert, then each of those 3 courses should have 1/3 of a per-person quantity of cannabutter – per serving. So each of your guests would have received a full dose of cannabutter by the end of the meal.
Add a 1/3 of a per-person quantity of cannabutter to the recipe for every serving the recipe yields.
As a single serving edible
If this will be the only offering of the day infused with cannabis, then add one full per-person quantity of cannabutter to the recipe for every serving the recipe yields.
If the cannabutter you added was less than what the recipe called for, then add the remaining butter you need using regular butter.
Salted or unsalted cannabutter
Something to always pay attention to in a recipe is if it calls for regular or unsalted butter. It will make a big difference if a recipe calls for unsalted butter plus salt – and instead you use regular salted butter and and add salt. You may have just doubled the salt the recipe calls for and the amazing taste from your results is gone. Salt, like all the other ingredients in your recipe, is a very careful blend of flavors and notes.
Unless you’re eating a potato chip, salt plays a supporting role in a recipe. If all you have is salted butter, then you should be able to eliminate the salt that recipe calls for – sample your work as you cook to decide.
How to determine a per-person dose of cannabutter
For instructions on how to arrive at a single per-person quantity of cannabutter, please refer to the instructions here.
Arriving at what makes for a good per-person amount of cannabutter is a bit of a process, so don’t wait until the last minute to work through this step.
For more information
You can find further reading here about making infused foods. Please refer to the following posts.
- Better understand the nature of cannabis.
- Know what a buzz feels like.
- Learn how to confidently buy legal cannabis.
- Learn to make a great cannabutter.
- This is the best way to infuse your foods with cannabutter and cannaoils.
- Understand how to infuse your food.
- learn how to test your cannabutter for potency – and why that is so critical.
- know how to have cannabis-infused foods at home even if you don’t cook
1. Preheat oven to 325º.
2. Spray the Bunny molds with non-stick cooking spray.
3. Combine melted Cannabutter, sugar, cacao powder and salt
4. Add vanilla to eggs and whisk well.
5. Blend egg mixture with Cannabutter mixture until thick and smooth
6. Add flour slowly and stir until fully combined. Mix will be thick.
7. Add Pecans and mix until evenly distributed
8. Using a teaspoon, drop 1 heaping teaspoon into each Bunny mold.
9. Bake 25-30 minutes.
10. Remove from oven and cool completely.
TO COAT and DECORATE
1. Add 4 oz of the melting chocolate and a pinch of Paramount Crystals to a glass bowl.
2. Microwave on high for 20 seconds
3. Remove from Microwave and with a silicone spatula quickly stir the chocolate as it starts to melt.
4. Place in microwave for another 20 seconds.
5. Remove and quickly mix again until melted and smooth (you may need an additional 10 to 20 seconds depending on the
chocolate and your microwave)
6. Using a toothpick, hold each BudBunny and using the spatula, drip melted chocolate onto bunny to coat.
7. Hint: TO SMOOTH CHOCOLATE, tap the wrist of the hand holding the coated BudBunny so excess chocolate drips off back into the bowl.
8. Place coated BudBunnies on parchment paper to dry
9. To add color chocolate accents, follow steps 1-5 and melt the white or colored chocolate with a pinch of paramount crystals. Add food coloring if desired.
10. Place melted chocolate in decorating bag (or just a plastic baggie)
11.Use the thinnest decorating nozzle OR Poke a small hole in the corner of the bag and decorate to your hearts content.