|Cook Time||Passive Time|
|9 – 12Minutes||5Minutes|
Read and understand the recipe first!
Gather all the listed ingredients
Gather the following tools and supplies:
– Double boiler – or one large and one small sauce pans
– Flour sifter
– 1 medium and 1 Large mixing bowls
– Mixing spoon
– Ice cream scoop
– 2 large cookie sheets
– Parchment paper
– Oven Thermometer
– Wire cooling rack
1. Melt 1½ cups chocolate chips over double boiler – LOW heat. If you don’t have a double boiler, put the chocolate in a small sauce pan and 2 cups of water in the large sauce pan and then sit the small sauce pan in that water. Bring to a boil on low heat. While it’s warming up, start the recipe.
2. When melted, remove from heat and let cool 5 minutes.
3. Mix butter, sugar, brown sugar and eggs until smooth.
4. Sift together flour, baking soda and salt
5. Mix melted chocolate into butter, sugar, egg mixture.
6. Add vanilla extract.
7. Add flour mixture.
8. Mix in remaining 1½ cups chocolate chips.
1. When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees – check with thermometer.
2. Cover baking sheets with parchment paper or a nonstick baking mat.
3. Scoop dough onto baking sheet using an ice cream scoop for uniform size – do not press to flatten dough on sheet
4. Bake for about 9 minutes (slightly longer if you prefer crispy texture).
5. Let cool on pan for 5 minutes before removing to wire rack to cool completely.
Repeat with remaining dough, or freeze and bake remaining dough to bake later.