|Cook Time||Passive Time|
Read and understand the recipe first!
Gather all the listed ingredients
Gather the following tools and supplies:
– Electric mixer (if you have one) with a paddle
– Flour sifter
– 1 medium and 1 Large mixing bowls
– Mixing spoon
– French whisk
– Ice cream scoop
– 2 large cookie sheets
– Parchment paper
– Oven Thermometer
– Wire cooling rack
1. In a medium bowl, sift flour and whisk in cocoa, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
2. Using a mixer fitted with paddle attachment, mix together in a large bowl butter, sugar and vanilla extract until light and creamy, about 3 minutes.
3. Scrape down the sides of the bowl to consolidate the ingredients then beat in eggs.
4. Switch the mixer to the low and gradually add in flour mixture until just combined.
5. Stir in chocolate chips and dried figs by hand.
1. When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees – check with thermometer.
2. Cover baking sheets with parchment paper or silpat baking mats.
3. Scoop dough onto baking sheet using an ice cream scoop for uniform size – do not press to flatten dough on sheet
5. Bake for 10-12 minutes (for soft and chewy) or 12-14 minutes (for slightly firmer).
6. Set sheets on a wire rack for 10 minutes, then slip cookies off and onto another rack to cool a bit more.
Repeat with remaining dough, or freeze remaining dough and bake later.