Can you overdose on cannabis? The short answer is yes; well, more precisely, you can overdose on THC – a compound in cannabis. It’s not fatal, it will just put you into a bad experience.
However you ingest it (by eating or smoking), too much THC by itself is not fatal, it’s just very, very unpleasant. The person who is intoxicated on THC can experience high levels of anxiety, paranoia and have physical reactions like dizziness, which can lead to some unforgettable vomiting.
This is why the recommended maximum dose of THC is 20 milligrams – especially for people who are new to cannabis. Use cannabis in moderation – like alcohol – and you will experience the best this remarkable plant has to offer.
If the edible you are enjoying is rich in CBD’s but only trace amounts of THC, then eat all you like. You can ingest any amount of CBD, and your body will use what it needs and discard the rest.